Enbloc or Collective Sale basically means ..
All the owners of separate units in an apartment, condominium or
even an office building, coming together to collectively sell out
their properties to a developer for comprehensive redevelopment.
Land Title (Strata) Act
Enbloc sale is the sale of an entire private strata development by
majority consent and is governed by Land Titles (Strata) Act.
If there is 100 % agreement to sell the development, the laws
governing Enbloc sales will not apply.
Enbloc for me ?
You are sitting
on a sizable plot of old bungalow or land and now wanted to assess
its current land value or development potential and perhaps
converting it into cash ..
You live in an old walkup apartment
or condo and your neighbouring projects are going Enbloc. should we
explore as well?
My current leasehold property is
getting older and maintenance costs are also getting higher, what
should we do?
COMMON QUESTIONS ON ENBLOC SALE ..
When is it then feasible ?
What is the Procedure ?
in Collectively Sale Agreement
When is Enbloc then feasible?
En-Bloc Sale is normally feasible when one or a combination of the
followings is evident in the development:
1. An Increase in Plot Ratio of the land
2. Re-zoning of the land to a higher use
3. The land is not fully built up or utilised to its allowable
What is the Procedure ?
The 8 Stages involved in the En-bloc Sale Process
1. Checking Land Value
2. Checking Owners' interest
of Sales Committee, Property Consultants and Lawyers
and signing of Collective Sales Agreement
5. Marketing of Land sale
6. Public Tender
or Private Treaty
7. Legal Completion of Enbloc Sale
8. Delivery of Vacant Possession
Enbloc Sale Documentation
Enbloc Sale documentation are usually prepared and administered by
the appointed solicitor ...
There are two main legal documents used in Enbloc Sale namely :
Collective Sale Agreement
Sale and Purchase Agreement may be used if the property is
subsequently sold by Private Treaty.
Principal terms in Collectively Sale Agreement ( CSA )
1. Reserve price - the minimum price that owners agree to sell
2. Method of distributing sale proceeds
3. The validity period of the Collective Sale Agreement
4. Date to deliver vacant possession
5. Indemnities for the Sale Committee and between owners
6. The Sale Committee's authority and responsibility
7. Mode of Sale
8. Appointment of Property Consultant and Lawyer
9. Provisions for 80% or 90% majority agreement and undertaking to
pay all costs relating to the Strata Title Board application
Notes: The owners are advised to check with their respective lawyers
with regards to the enbloc procedures, appointments and the Collective
Sale agreement. The above is basically a general guideline subject
For more information on enbloc sale or to assess your property for
feel free to email us or fill up the
What our clients
say about us :
'' A successful en-bloc sale requires not only an understanding of
market forces and realities, but more importantly, sincerity,
patience, understanding and an ability to relate to and address the
unique needs of each and every owner, to ensure that it is a win-win
proposition for all.
Teakhwa Real Estate brought to the table all of the above qualities
as well as the track record in successfully transacting similar
sized properties. That was the reason why Anchor Gardens selected
them over proposals from several more established brand names.
We were not disappointed in our decision to appoint them to market
the estate and in less than 3 months managed to get a bid than met
our expectations. Teakhwa’s knowledge played a very important part
in all dealings with the prospective buyer, the lawyers, the owners
(many of whom were overseas) and the tenants.
I wish them success.''
Anchor Gardens Sales Committee Chairman
OUR SERVICES FOR YOU
We commit ourselves to serve you and your owners in getting the best
deal by ..
1. Present to all the Owners on the merits and procedure of the
2. Confirm the Development Potential and assess the Land Value of
3. Recommend a Competitive Reserve Price
4. Advise the Sale Committee (SC) on all matters relating to the
5. Assist the Owners’ Representative in their application to the
Strata Board if required
6. Assist the Sale Committee in identifying a suitable solicitor
7. Assist and co-ordinate with the SC in the signing of the
Collective Sale Agreement
8. Coordinate a media-advertising and marketing campaign
9. Negotiate the best possible price and terms for the Owners and
10. Assist the Owners in both relocation and re-investment plan if
You want to know the estimated assessment of your land value and the
Enbloc potential of your apartment or old property.
To assess your
property .. click here >
For more or other information, please feel
free to call us or sms at (65) 9858 0900 if you
need urgent assistance.
Our property consultant will get in touch with you to
assist you. Thank you.
by Teakhwa Real Estate Pte Ltd. All rights reserved!